Frequently Asked Questions
Laser Hair Removal
As set forth in 25 TAC 289.302, Texas residents applying to become a Laser Hair Removal Technician must meet the following requirements:
- Students must enroll in a 40-hour didactic classroom program, such as the one provided by Avante Laser Training Institute. Upon completion, the student will then receive an LHR Apprentice-in Training Certificate.
- Upon receipt of the LHR Apprentice-in-Training certificate, the student must also perform 100 laser hair removal procedures within 12 months under the direct supervision of either a Certified Licensed Hair Removal Professional (CLHRP) or Senior LHR Technician.
- Upon completion of those 100 procedures, the student can apply for and receive a Laser Hair Removal Technician certification.
Texas residents wishing to become a Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician must meet the following requirements:
- Complete Laser Hair Removal Technician certification requirements as outlined above.
- Supervise 100 LHR procedures within 12 months, as audited by a Laser Hair Removal Professional.
Texas residents wishing to become a Certified Laser Hair Removal Professional must meet the following requirements:
- Meet the requirements to become a Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician.
- Take and pass a Laser Hair Removal examination approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration.