Laser Hair Removal FAQ
Q. What are the State of Texas Laser Hair Removal Certification Requirements?
A. As set forth in 25 TAC 289.302, students applying to become a Laser Hair Removal Technician must meet the following requirements:
- Student must enroll in 40 hour didactic classroom program. Upon completion, the student will then receive an LHR Apprentice-in Training Certificate.
- Upon receipt of the LHR Apprentice-in-Training certificate, the student must then perform 100 LHR procedures within 12 months under the direct supervision of a Certified Licensed Hair Removal Professional (CLHRP) or Senior LHR Technician.
Upon completion of the 100 procedures, the student will apply and receive a Laser Hair Removal Technician certification.
Q. What are the requirements to become a Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician?
A. Students wishing to become a Senior LHR Technician must meet the following requirements:
- Complete LHR Technician certification requirements outlined above.
- Supervise 100 LHR procedures within 12 months, as audited by a LHR Professional.
Q. What are the requirements to become a Certified Laser Hair Removal Professional?
A. Students wishing to become a Certified LHR Professional must meet the following requirements:
- Meet the requirements for a Senior LHR Technician.
- Pass an examination approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration.